HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
2. FORWARD BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE 3
3. HEALTH & SAFETY AT HEXTRANSFORMA 4
4. HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT 5
2. FORWARD BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
As a world leader in Patient mobility solutions, we recognise the importance of the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, contractors and suppliers, and of our positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
As part of our objective to attain Operational Excellence, I am fully committed to making our business and our properties safe and healthy places to work and visit, by achieving the highest standards in our health and safety performance. By adopting a ‘Hex-One’ approach we will ensure that our health and safety culture and strategy is consistently embedded within all decision-making processes throughout the Group.
Our excellent health and safety record has been achieved by implementing robust management controls and careful auditing procedures, which will continue throughout our business. We are committed to maintaining a zero fatality rate and to ensure that we receive no health and safety prosecutions or enforcement actions throughout the Group.
Any health or safety issues that are identified will be addressed positively and pro-actively to reduce the likelihood of injury and ill-health to colleagues or damage to the environment.
Our Health & Safety Policy Statement sets out the framework we should all follow, and everyone is expected to play their part in keeping this business a safe, healthy and sustainable place to work and visit.
Chief Executive Hextransforma Healthcare Limited
3. HEALTH & SAFETY AT HEXTRANSFORMA
Hextransforma Healthcare’s Health & Safety Policy and associated Health & Safety Management System has been developed in line with the internationally recognised OSHAS 18001 standard.
This allows us to demonstrate the effectiveness of the management of health and safety throughout our business.
This system formally communicates the instructions and procedures covering operational and work activities, from the Board to their supporting directors, managers and all other personnel employed or involved in Hextransforma Healthcare’s activities. This is to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all personnel associated with the activities of Hextransforma including customers, contractors, visitors, and the general public. It will continue to be supplemented by lessons learnt and best practice sharing which will be generated by the operation
of the Health & Safety Management System.
The Health & Safety Management System details the health and safety responsibilities of those employed or working on behalf of Hextransforma and provides the arrangements for managing health and safety at Hextransforma. These include specific procedures detailing the requirements in each operating country and the performance measures, reporting and monitoring processes to be adopted.
This will ensure that Hextransforma adopts a uniform approach to health and safety management across the Company whilst ensuring local, regional and national legislative requirements are met.
Hextransforma’s Health & Safety Strategy is aimed at embedding health and safety within the culture and behaviour of all employees by eliminating risks through tighter controls, training and raising awareness, rather than reacting after the event.
The Health & Safety Team provide regular reports to the Operations Committee, Executive Committee and the Board on health and safety performance and actions taken or arising from the business activities in line with this strategy. This allows for regular and effective communication throughout the Group and facilitates the continuous improvement of the Health & Safety Management System and associated policies, procedures, guidelines and forms.
4. HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of HEXTRANSFORMA to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all employees and any other persons who may be directly affected by the work activities of the Group.
HEXTRANSFORMA operating policies and procedures are compliant with all relevant legislation and directives of the countries in which we operate.
The Board of HEXTRANSFORMA is committed to:
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensuring that significant risks arising from work activities under our control are eliminated or adequately controlled.
- Developing and implementing appropriate health and safety procedures, and safe working practices.
- Maintaining all workplaces, buildings, plant, equipment and machinery and ensuring the safe storage and use of hazardous substances under HEXTRANSFORMA control, in a condition that is safe and without risk to health.
- Ensuring that all employees receive appropriate training, and are competent to carry out their designated responsibilities.
- Developing appropriate occupational health services for employees to access.
- Achieving compliance with legal requirements through sustained health and safety performance.
- Cultivating a proactive attitude towards health and safety by setting SMART targets and objectives.
- Developing consultation processes to ensure employees will be involved in health and safety decisions.
- Providing adequate resources to implement this policy.
- Ensuring this policy is understood, implemented and maintained throughout the organisation.
- Regularly refreshing our health and safety strategy and plans for implementation.
- Driving continual improvement in health and safety performance by regularly measuring and reviewing compliance with the policy and the management systems that support it.
HEXTRANSFORMA will communicate the Health and Safety Policy to all employees and it will be freely available to customers and the general public. This policy and any supporting documentation will be reviewed annually and updated as required to conform to our Health and Safety strategy, current legislation and company activities.
These objectives will be achieved through:
On behalf of Hextransforma Healthcare Ltd
Jean-Luc Bressard, Chief Executive